Commercial Fires-Let the Pros Help You Recover
A fire at your business is detrimental on many levels. For many business owners the aftermath of the fire is worse than the fire itself. The first 24 hours can determine the difference between restoring your property or replacing your property. Property damage and equipment damage are just part of the issue. Loss of business can often be the most damaging part of the disaster. Timely response from a SERVPRO mitigation specialist can alleviate all of these concerns. Don’t risk additional damage by trying to mitigate the loss by yourself. Call SERVPRO of Maitland-Casselberry to help you. We will have a mitigation specialist on site quickly to help you determine the next steps. We will also work with your insurance company to make sure they all have of the information necessary to determine coverage and help get your business up and running. You can reach us anytime at 407-388-0404.
Do's and Don'ts of Water Damages
“I have a water damage in my home. Can you help me?” No homeowner wants to make that call, but it unfortunately happens to many. Once you’ve made the call to SERVPRO of Maitland-Casselberry, what can you do?
Thankfully our staff is trained to walk you through the job process and offer some tips you can use to help mitigate your loss while you wait on our crews to arrive. Here is a list of some of do’s and don’ts that might also help.
- Shut off the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the source of water.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove to a safe, dry place any paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors.
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors.
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shocks hazards.
- Leave books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors to cause staining.
- Leave Oriental rugs or other colored rugs on wet wall-to-wall carpets to cause staining.
- Use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water, possibly causing electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Use TV’s or other appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
Rest assured these tips will help you begin to mitigate your loss while our team of IICRC certified technicians is on the way. Please feel free to call us anytime at 407-388-0404.
SERVPRO "Here to Help" After Storm Damage
When a storm hits what do you do? First things first, secure your family. Next-assess your home. Once you see the damage who do you call? Who is the best? Who can reach you the fastest?
SERVPRO is uniquely set up to manage storm response on a massive scale. That means that we can get to YOU and your home faster than others. Teams from all over the country will mobilize to support our community in a time of need. All of our teams adhere to the same high standards so that we can always provide excellent service. We have the right equipment, procedures and training to make sure your home or business is dry the first time, saving you time and money.
SERVPRO of Maitland-Casselberry is “Here to Help”-any day, anytime, anywhere. Feel free to save our phone number so you have easy access to us when you need us-407-388-0404.
Storm Tips from FEMA
Central Florida is well known for storm season. We are all familiar with the steps we need to take to prepare our homes and businesses, but a little reminder never hurts! Here is a list of tips from FEMA-the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
For your Home:
- Cover all of your home’s windows with precut plywood or hurricane shutters to protect your windows from high winds.
- Plan to bring in all outside furniture, decorations, garbage cans and anything else that is not tied down.
- Keep all trees and shrubs well trimmed so they are more wind resistant.
- Turn off utilities if/when instructed. Otherwise, turn the refrigerator thermostat to its coldest setting and keep its doors closed.
- Turn off propane tanks.
- Ensure a supply of water for sanitary purposes such as cleaning and flushing toilets. Fill the bathtub and other large containers with water.
For your Business:
- Carefully assess how your company functions, both internally and externally, to determine which staff, materials, procedures, and equipment are absolutely necessary to keep the business operating.
- Identify operations critical to survival and recovery.
- Plan what you will do if your building is not accessible. Can you run the business from a different location or your home?
- Develop relationships with other companies to use their facilities in case a disaster makes your location unusable.
SERVPRO of Maitland-Casselberry is “Here to Help” after the storm passes.
We Find the Water You Can't See
Unfortunately water damage affects many homes and businesses each day. It’s the water you don’t see that causes the most damage. Many people are quick to mitigate what they can see. Towels and shop vacs soak up the water on your floor but what about the water you can’t see? The water that your insulation and drywall have soaked up? Who cleans that up? Who can even find it?
SERVPRO of Maitland-Casselberry has a highly trained water remediation staff on hand to help you during your time of need. Our crews will be on site to locate trapped water-in your walls, ceilings, below flooring-no matter where it is and to dry out your home properly. Our crews use state-of-the-art equipment to monitor the drying progress and insure that your home is back to normal, “Like it never even happened.” Give us a call anytime at 407-388-0404.
You Have Many Choices-Why Choose SERVPRO
We know you have a choice when it comes to who will help you with your home or business after a water or fire damage. There are many reasons why SERVPRO of Maitland-Casselberry should be at the top of your list. Here are just a few.
- SERVPRO of Maitland-Casselberry may be a newer name in the community but our team has been providing services to a large majority of Central Florida for over 35 years through our sister franchises, SERVPRO of Apopka-Wekiva and SERVPRO of West Orange. That means you get the experience of a dedicated team who has many years of experience.
- We have a large warehouse full of equipment to help you! No matter how large or small the job is we will have the equipment necessary to take care of your job.
- Many of our team members have been with us for a long time. What’s a long time? Our GM has been with us nearly 30 years, with many others serving our customers for at least 10 years.
- Our staff is IICRC Certified. These certifications don’t stop with our production team. Many of our office staff are also certified through the IICRC with various certifications. This means that we have many different people who can help you deal with your loss and any questions you may have.
It is important to us that our community receives the best help available for any disaster. If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out. We have a dedicated Customer Support Coordinator that will help to answer any questions you may have. You can reach our office at 407-388-0404 or you can reach Christen Albert, our Customer Support Coordinator at 407-947-1159.
We Love Our Community!
SERVPRO of Maitland-Casselberry enjoyed supporting the Maitland PD and community at the National Night Out this year and can't wait for next year!
SERVPRO of Maitland-Casselberry is part of a large family of franchises but we are locally owned and operated. We take pride in our community. We recently participated in a community event that was put on by the Maitland Police Department called National Night Out.
Our team had so much fun talking to the community during the event. We had a truck on display and games for kids (and adults, because who doesn’t like games?!?!) to play. So many people commented that they knew who we were because of the big green trucks. They are visible in the community constantly.
We often jokingly tell our customers that we are like the doctor. We are here if you need us but you hope you won’t have to call. If you ever do have to call us, just know that we will be there, anytime, day or night, sunshine or rain, to help you get your home or business back together. We love being able to help make it “Like it never even happened,” for our community.
What Happens After You Call Us For Fire Damage?
What happens after you call SERVPRO of Maitland-Casselberry when you’ve had a fire damage at your home?
- If the fire department was called to your home we will wait to enter the premises until they have released the scene.
- We will send in our Production Manager to begin documenting the loss by taking photos and measurements of the structure. If water was used to put the fire out we will address the water damage as well.
- Our Production Manager will identify any safety issues and find out if any residues exist.
- Next we will determine what is restorable and what method of restoration will be most effective. We will also coordinate with your insurance adjuster to determine how to mange any items that may need special attention.
- SERVPRO team members will begin to clean walls, ceilings and flooring followed by upholstery and other contents and finally treated for deodorization.
- Once cleaning is complete we will conduct a final walk thru with you and work with you and your insurance company to complete billing and close out your claim.
We know that any fire in your home is stressful. Our team is here to help alleviate the stress and help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Don't Clean Up After A Housefire Yourself-No Matter How Small the Fire Was
Do you need professional help to clean up if you have a small fire in your home? Any fire in your home is bad, but when you try to clean it up yourself it can be a disaster. Why?
Smoke and soot from even a small fire can permanently damage contents throughout a home. It can also cause odors that can resurface for many years. Our team of professionals understands how disruptive fires can be for you and your family. It is for that reason that we have trained, uniformed technicians on staff. By responding quickly and having the necessary tools on hand our team will help you regain control quickly while deodorizing and protecting your home and possessions. Before you risk doing more damage yourself give our team at SERVPRO of Maitland-Casselberry a call at 407-388-0404.
From Carpets to Catastrophes We are Here to Help
There are so many decisions to be made when you are a home or business owner. Some are more critical than others, like what to do when disaster strikes. Most people know that SERVPRO offers 24 hour emergency service for water and fire damage, but we also offer many other services you may find helpful.
Here is a short list of services you can call us for:
- Carpet, Hard Floor and Upholstery Cleaning
- Odor Identification and Deodorization
- Stain Removal
- Contents Claim Inventory Service
- Crime Scene, Biohazard and Vandalism
- Water Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Fire, Smoke, and Soot Restoration
We know that time is a precious commodity when you need help so our team is available 24 hours a day. You can reach us at 407-388-0404. From Carpets to Catastrophes SERVPRO of Maitland-Casselberry is here to make it “Like it never even happened.”